Fawzia Sultan Healthcare Network
The Fawzia Sultan Healthcare Network (FSHN) is a leading, private, non-profit rehabilitation
institute in Kuwait city. It was founded in 2006 and has been providing multidisciplinary
healthcare services such as family medicine, cardiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy,
speech therapy and psychological services in a research and education setting.
FSHN comprises several different departments and units, including:
- Osra clinic, offering family medicine, heart health, preventative medicine and nutrition services
- The physiotherapy clinic, offering physiotherapy and occupational therapy services
- The mental health and wellness clinic, offering psychology and counseling services
- The speech therapy department, offering speech and language therapy services
- The children’s evaluation and rehabilitation center, offering specialized interdisciplinary treatment and care for children with disabilities
- The neurorehabilitation and elderly care unit, offering integrated care and treatment for seniors and individuals with neurological conditions
- The research and education department, spearheading a large number of professional development, continuing education and clinical research programs
Business Needs & Challenges
Fawzia Sultan Healthcare Network uses its own system to run clinic operations. This system requires
the registration of patient details and requires many fields, including but not limited to Name of
Patient in English, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Area of residence, etc.
The patient registration process is a time-consuming operation. Patients want to be treated as soon
as possible and this process was taking a long time. In order to make the process faster, receptionists
at the clinics would compromise the quality of the data by ignoring some of the details. This process
is also error-prone. Lots of patient records had incorrect or missing details.
Characteristics of a viable solution
A viable solution should have the following capabilities:
- Ability to use a patient's Smart Civil ID for registration.
Ability to read patient's data from the Smart Civil ID and populate the related fields in the
system automatically, with little-to-no interaction from the receptionists.
- Account for fields that require special handling, like the residence area, nationality, etc.