Harden your Azure Platform against security threats
Your most valuable digital assets, namely your database, needs to be protected from both internal, as well as external
threats. Securing access to the database lowers the impact of a security breach and loss of data. However, this is not enough.
In addition to securing the operating environment of your database server(s), you will also need to configure networking
security, privacy of sensitive data, control access to database objects and much more. SQL Server tools make it possible to
create one or more policies and apply these policies across one or more databases.
While SQL Server provides high levels of security out-of-the-box, it is imperative to reduce its attack surface, use
secure operations and take measures against threats.
Azure Security Technologies Offered by Sharper Software
Microsoft Azure provides a lot of security technologies. Here's a list of technologies offered by
Azure Key Vault
Use Azure Key Vault to encrypt keys and small secrets like passwords
that use keys stored in hardware security modules (HSMs).
- Microsoft does not see or extract your keys.
- Monitor and audit your key use with Azure logging.
Azure Managed Identities
While Azure Key Vault provides a way to securely store credentials,
secrets, and other keys, but your code has to authenticate to Key Vault to retrieve them.
Provides Azure services with an automatically managed identity in Azure AD.
You can use the identity to authenticate to any service that supports Azure AD authentication, including Key
Vault, without any credentials in your code.
Azure Identity Protection
- Automate the detection and remediation of identity-based risks.
- Investigate risks using data in the portal.
- Export risk detection data to third-party utilities for further analysis.
Azure Identity Governance
- Govern the identity lifecycle.
- Govern access lifecycle.
- Secure privileged access for administration.
Azure Conditional Access
- Utilize identity signals from user traffic as part of your access control decisions.
- Bring signals together to make decisions, and enforce organizational policies.
- Require multi-factor authentication for users with administrative roles or any other role.
- Require device to be marked as compliant.
- Require approved client application.
- Block unwanted or unplanned access.
- See and stop threats before they cause harm.
- Make your threat detection and response smarter and faster with artificial intelligence (AI).
- Eliminate security infrastructure setup and maintenance.
- Elastically scale to meet your security needs
- While reducing IT costs.