SharperSkills® WPF Training
Develop Rich Applications with Windows Presentation Foundation with SharperSkills® WPF Training
Learn how to develop intuitive applications with rich user experiences. Help your organization reduce training costs and deliver valuable applications using WPF. This SharperSkills® offering trains your team on how to effectively develop WPF Applications with a customized training that suits your industry.
For us User Experience was an afterthought. We paid no attention to the amount of time and effort our users usually spent while working with our application. SharperSkills® WPF Training by Sharper Software gave us the opportunity to rethink this strategy and provided the necessary knowledge in order to develop application with rich user experience, saving our users' time and effort.
If you've ever been developing software, you'll notice how professional software manufacturing companies value user experience. Microsoft is a role model when it comes to building such solutions. But why should you bother with user experience the first place?
Well, it's simple. If you're software is difficult to use and requires a lot of training, then chances are that users will not even bother using it, which defeats its purpose. Next, software that does not have an intuitive user interface and rational navigation requires more resources to maintain.
User Experience Challenges
- Developers think that one size fits all.
- First impressions last for long. If a user does not like the application, s/he may not use it.
- If it takes me longer to use your system than paper, I'll do it the old-fashioned way.
- Many users do not know why are they on this current page. How can they be productive?
- The system keeps logging me off when I have no activity.
- Do I really have to remember all these passwords?
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is Microsoft's answer to the above challenges. With its ability to produce rich applications, WPF can deliver better user experiences and help reduce overall costs. By separating Application Code from Presentation Code (using XAML), WPF allows a designer to design the user experience while the developer is writing functional code. This allows the user experience to change without having to make significant changes to the application code.
SharperSkills® WPF Training Offering
This 5-day, Instructor-led training offering focuses on your industry's major application development challenges, focusing on user experience. It teaches attendees how to use WPF to develop rich applications and user experiences while delivering relevant data.
|Delivery Mechanism||Instructor-led in a classroom with a PC for every attendee.|
|Technical Level||Beginner to Advanced|
What will the attendees learn?
- We will pick a fictitious company that is in the same industry as your organization.This fictitious company will be used as a Case Study for the complete course.
- The Case Study company will be studied to understand its data challenges.
Methodology and approach:
- Attendees will learn how to create a WPF Application.
- Using XAML, attendees will learn how to create rich user interfaces.
- Working with on a real-world example, attendees will deliver a rich application to end users.
- Using SQL Server as the back-end database, attendees will learn how to deliver the data in a rich way to end users with WPF.
- Windows Server
- Visual Studio Enterprise
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
Every trainee will get a Welcome Kit that includes:
- USB Flash Disk including the necessary software and virtual machines used during the training.
- Full-Color printed training manual.
- An anonymous Feedback Form to collect personal feedback about the course and the performance of the instructor.
- An attractive Certificate of Attendance.
Your team's skills will improve, making them ready to take on new challenges and see them through.
More Practice Less Theory
Practice using the technology rather than going through boring theory. We use no slides, but rather a Virtual Machine.
Find Hidden Gems
Conventional training rarely covers all the features. Find hidden gems in the technology, helping you solve problems.
Use knowledge you gained from this training to solve real-life business problems with technology.
Provided Training Material can be used at home or at the office, making it a great reference when you need it.
Check Your Knowledge
At the end of each module, attendees have to answer "Check Your Knowledge" questions to solidify learnings.