Established in 2014, Boursa Kuwait is the operator of the Kuwait Stock Exchange,
the national stock market of Kuwait. Since 2016, it has been responsible for
driving engagement, growth and innovation in the Kuwaiti capital market, while
supporting the Capital Markets Authority, issuers, investors and various other
Since its inception, Boursa Kuwait has played a pivotal role in the development
of Kuwait’s capital market and the diversification of the national economy, in
line with the goals of Kuwait Vision 2035.
Business Needs & Challenges
Boursa Kuwait captures details of every transaction that happens under its
supervision. From day-to-day stock exchange, to over-the-counter, to delayed
orders, Boursa Kuwait needs to remain on top of its operations, analyzing
strengths and weaknesses, capitalizing on its strengths, and improving on
Boursa Kuwait collects data from multiple sources, some are real-time data.
There is a need to analyze this data and draw correlations between other
sources of data. Boursa Kuwait also utilizes reporting technologies, however,
it is difficult to report on the metrics of interest based on different
dimensions, including but not limited to a date range, market, sector,
security, number of trades or orders, volume, value, and many more important
dimensions. It is clear that Boursa Kuwait needs a tool that would allow
its staff to perform intelligent analysis on the data and help improve
Boursa Kuwait's services as well as make informed decisions.
Characteristics of a viable solution
A viable solution should provide the following capabilities:
- Import data from multiple sources.
- Allow Boursa resources to model the data using business-friendly terms.
- Provide rich visualizations that would allow Boursa to perform both Explanatory and Exploratory analysis.
- Allow publishing and sharing reports among Boursa team members.
- Be available on multiple devices.
- Be cost-effective
Boursa Kuwait teamed-up with Sharper Software to deliver several dashboards for
Financial and Stock Exchange Analytics. Today, Boursa Kuwait is able to analyze
the Volume, Value, Number of Trades, Number of Orders, etc. by Market, Sector,
Security, Date Range (daily, monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.), alongside
Year-to-Date and Quarter-to-Date values of each metric.
Rich visualization make it possible to identify the strengths and weaknesses in
Boursa Kuwait's business at-a-glance, allowing staff to quickly act in case of
issues. Furthermore, Boursa Kuwait is able to build and share summarized,
analytical reports using business-friendly terms, and in shorter time-to-report
The dashboards use Power BI as the
Business Intelligence engine. Power BI provides the following capabilities:
- Collect data from multiple sources without having to learn any new technology.
- Model data using business-friendly terms.
- Rich Data Visualizations, providing insight into your data and helping you convert data into knowledge.
- Publishing to Power BI Online, which allows sharing the reports and dashboards with others easily.
- Available on multiple devices.
- Based on Microsoft 365 Cloud Subscription model, which is very cost effective.